Find the latest performance table: Ark Swift Assessment Outcomes 2017-18
To see our current data on the Department for Education website please follow this link Ark Swift Performance Tables
Ark Swift Primary Academy was most recently inspected by Ofsted on 25th and 26th May 2021. We are delighted to announce that we are a good school.
The HMI inspector said:
- This is a school where everyone knows each other. Leaders have built a close-knit community. All staff work together to help pupils get the most from their time at school. Expectations of all pupils are high.
- Pupils like coming to school. They enjoy their learning and playing with their friends. Everyone knows the three simple school rules: ‘Ready, respectful and safe’.
- Staff know their pupils well. Pupils know that staff will help them if they are upset or anxious. Teachers and pastoral staff make sure that pupils have the time and space to talk about any problems.
- Parents and carers are happy with the school. Typically, they describe it as ‘a really great school’. They recognise and value that staff go above and beyond to help pupils and their families.
- The teaching of early reading starts in Nursery. Early years staff are expert phonics teachers. They share this expertise so that everyone follows the same approach. By the end of Year 2, most pupils are fluent readers. Weaker readers get lots of extra help.
- Staff foster a real love of reading.
- School leaders, governors and staff work together well. The planned curriculum reflects their ambition for pupils. It matches the breadth and scope of the national curriculum. Curriculum plans are carefully sequenced.
- Pupils get to widen their learning beyond the classroom. They have a variety of after-school clubs to choose from. Leaders look beyond the school to extend all pupils’ wider development.
- Lessons are calm and not disrupted. Pupils learn to be respectful and tolerant.
Click on the link to download a copy of the report: Ark Swift Primary Academy Ofsted Report May 2021