Ark Swift closed on 20th March 2020 due to Coronavirus and remains closed until further notice
Please visit ‘Updates for Parents’ found under ‘Life at School’ for the latest updates and communication
We want school to be enjoyable for every pupil. Pupils should be able to learn, appreciate their lessons, make friends and be enthusiastic about school. So we encourage exemplary behaviour and discourage behaviour that would undermine learning or confidence between pupils or pupils and staff. We reward desirable behaviour with praise and tangible rewards and will impose consistent, clear and unavoidable consequences for unacceptable behaviour.
What we believe:
In order to enable effective teaching and learning to take place, good behaviour in all aspects of school life is necessary. At Ark Swift, we seek to create a caring and learning focused environment in the school:
- Encouraging and acknowledging good behaviour and discipline.
- Promoting self-esteem by encouraging students to value and respect themselves and others
- Providing a safe and positive environment free from disruption, violence, bullying and any form of harassment.
- Promoting early intervention
- Ensuring a consistency of response to both positive and negative behaviour.
- Encouraging a positive relationship with parents and carers to develop a shared approach to involve them in the implementation of the school’s policy and associated procedure.
- Encourage children to take responsibility for their behaviour.
- Explain unacceptable behaviour.
Download our policies here: Behaviour Management Policy 2019-2020 - Managing Violence Code of Practice - Sep 2018 -2021