We believe that effective assessment provides information to improve teaching and learning. Our rigorous progress and target setting model supports this.
We provide children with regular feedback on their learning so that they understand what it is that they need to do better. This allows us to base our lesson plans on a detailed knowledge of each pupil.
We also give parents/carers regular reports on their child’s progress so that teachers, children and parents/carers are all learning together to raise standards for all our children.
Aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of assessment in our academy are:
- To enable our children to demonstrate what they know, understand and can do in their learning;
- To help our children understand what they need to do next to improve their learning;
- To allow teachers to plan learning that accurately reflects the needs of each child;
- To provide regular information for parents/carers that enables them to support their child’s learning;
- To provide the Principal and Governors with information that allows them to make judgements about the effectiveness of the academy; and
- Help us to plan highly effective learning opportunities
To achieve effective learning opportunities, we have set very challenging targets at Ark Swift Primary Academy.
Our current academic targets are as follows:
- At least 90% of our pupils achieving expected progress (Development Matters)
- At least 30% of our pupils exceeding expected progress (Development Matters)
Key Stage 1
- At least 90% of our pupils will reach NC 2a in English and Mathematics
- At least 30% of our pupils will reach NC 3c in English and Mathematics
Key Stage 2
- At least 90% of our pupils will reach NC 4a in English and Mathematics
- At least 30% of our pupils will reach NC 5c in English and Mathematics
- At least 5 to 10% of our pupils to achieve level 6 in English and Mathematics